- Vendor: Electric Mall
- 5.00 rating from 1 review
- ARMOURED CABLE, ELECTRICAL INDUSTRIAL
Berliac 1.5mm x 4core PVC/SWA/PVC Armoured Cable
Armoured Cables are manufactured to BS-6346/IEC 60502 Standards. Typically, the construction of an Aluminium or steel wire armoured cable comprises six components:
- Conductor: This is usually a plain stranded Copper Conductor.
- Insulation: Materials such as Poly-Vynyl Chloride (PVC) or Cross-linked Polyethylene (XLPE) provide good temperature resistance and excellent dielectric strength providing enhanced electrical properties.
- Bedding: This is a layer to create a protective barrier between armour and insulation.
- Armour: A steel or aluminium armour provides mechanical protection to allow the cable to withstand the mechanical stresses to which it is exposed.
- Sheath: the constituent parts of the cable are held together by a sheath offering a further level of protection. Black Poly-Vinyl Chloride sheaths can be carbon-loaded for UV stability.
- Voltage: Voltage ratings of 600/1000V, 6.35/11kV and 19/33kV
- FLAT CABLES
Berliac Flat 1mm+Earth x 2core PVC
This is used for domestic wiring and installations. Can be installed in fixed installations in dry or damp premises clipped to surface, on trays or in free air where the risk of mechanical damage would not be an issue. Suitable for laying in conduit or trunking where mechanical protection is required.
Conductors: Solid or stranded plain annealed copper wire (class 1 or class 2) to BS, EN 60228.
Voltage rating (U0/U) 300/500V
Conductor temp 70°C
Min, bending radius 4 x overall diameter of cable.SKU: n/a
- FLEXIBLE WIRE
Berliac 1mm x 3core PVC/PVC flexible cable
This has a high conductivity bunched plain annealed flexible copper conductors, insulated in a parallel configuration with a flexible grade PVC and a colour stripe on each core for polarity indication. Specification for our flexible cables conforms to BS 7919/IEC – 60502 at voltage rating 300V/500V.SKU: n/a